STILL LOOKING!!!.... Experienced Caponizer, Caponizing, Caponize, Rooster Neuter... Willing to trave

1quest

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 17, 2014
Hey all,

I have an 13 week old Welsummer? Rooster... anyone experienced with caponizing? He is a PET and very very friendly. I'm attached and the 3 kiddos as well. In order to keep him he needs to be "fixed" neutered ...

If anyone knows someone who is experienced I am located around Northern Illinois / Southern Wisconsin area and I am willing to travel.

I desperately need to find someone who can help... I actually took him to the vet yesterday for the procedure. And he came home with stitches in his groin!
The Vet's explanation that the procedure was unsuccessful because his testes were under developed and too small to remove.
I looked at her a bit puzzled... and I 1st thing that I said was "You did incise (cut) under the wing correct? Well, that answer was a no...
Please I will drive to meet you as well. I just really need help from someone experienced to give him the best chance to live.

Last edited:
not all roosters become aggressive as they get older, even if you put him in with hens, sorry I don't know of anyone and even if I did it would be the wrong county, but good luck :) however if its the crowing that your worried about then you could try shutting him away at night until the morning, by putting him in a box or pet crate in the dark so he doesn't crow. if he cant see the light then he wont crow, but its just a pain to have to shut them away at night

Yes I bring him in at night already. But he starts to call for me when I go in the house when he's out. I love my little feather baby!

Thanks!

Well you could always shut him away inside if that helps, like in the laundry or garage... Haha we had chickens that would perch in our garage and we couldn't reach them to get them down at one point

That's too funny. He is in the house most of the time and every night I bring him is as well. But when it's nice out side I would like him to be able to be out side in the back yard enjoying him self. But when I go in the house he starts calling for me. I consider my self his mom but I am thinking that he feels that I am his hen!

Well he sounds like a delightful little pet , do you only have him and no hens ? If so he might be lonely as chickens are flock animals and need company. Maybe getting him a friend would be good for him especially if he is out during the day

Yes - I got him a friend :) 2 silkie sisters that are supposed to be a Hen's! Lord help me they better be; LOL.

Last edited:

His sisters....

And GREAT news PIP is scheduled to be neutered on Tuesday! After a 2 state search... I found a vet. And a vet that is experienced with doing this as well!

Happiness!!!

Back
Top Bottom