Hen laid first egg today

StaticChaos

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 18, 2014
Dublin, OH
I am pretty excited... I got my first egg today laid by one of the 20 hens I have. They are 8 weeks and 2 days old today. Hopefully the other 19 follow suit very soon!!!

We got our first egg about 2 months ago. It was so exciting. Heck, i still get excited when i go check for eggs and there are a few waiting for me.

I got first eggs yesterday from two 37 day old hens, I wonder if their hatchmates will start early too...

My quail are almost 8 weeks and still no eggs
barnie.gif
. Congratulations though do you plan on incubating or just eating them?

My quail are almost 8 weeks and still no eggs
barnie.gif
. Congratulations though do you plan on incubating or just eating them?
I am going to eat the first few weeks then save for incubating when it is more consistent. Most of my males are crowing like crazy so that is a good sign as well.

I am going to eat the first few weeks then save for incubating when it is more consistent. Most of my males are crowing like crazy so that is a good sign as well.

Yeah thats a good idea to wait for the fertile eggs. do you mind me asking what you what are you feeding them i have my coturnix on the nutrena gamebird feed and my pheasents on the flock raiser i think im am going to switch my coturnix on the flock raiser to as its the only gamebird feed i can find in crumbles (its getting tiring blending pellets all the time) and i think its a better feed as well.

Yeah thats a good idea to wait for the fertile eggs. do you mind me asking what you what are you feeding them i have my coturnix on the nutrena gamebird feed and my pheasents on the flock raiser i think im am going to switch my coturnix on the flock raiser to as its the only gamebird feed i can find in crumbles (its getting tiring blending pellets all the time) and i think its a better feed as well.
I am feeding the Dumor 24% game bird feed from Tractor Supply. The baby chicks I have now I am starting on Purina Startena 30% and then I will switch them to the Dumor 24% at around 5-6 weeks.

I feed Startena, (ground fine, reduces waste) and layena both purina gamebird feeds 30% and 20% respectively

Back
Top Bottom