Duck/Goose Hybrid

WaterfowlWierdo

Songster
6 Years
Mar 15, 2013
Rathdrum, Idaho
So.....I have an African goose, and a Mallard drake, thats all the waterfowl I have. They have been mating for 2 years now....I have eaten 4 goose eggs this week and all were fertile.....So now she is setting on 3 of her own eggs along with some others....So in almost a month, If all goes well, I should have some Deese or Gucks haha

How did this turn out? My assumption would be that your Goose has a lovely wild migrant lover. Did they candle?
The duck and goose were raised together, they have never known any other birds beside the quail near them. I have seen the duck breed her almost daily, he is quite aggressive and determined to breed, almost hormone enraged. She absolutely accepts it 100% so its not a question of the birds here, and wild goose is out of question, because I live in town, and they are in a pretty tight area. Also I have never seen any wild geese in the area. And they eggs I have eater were indeed fertile. I have yet to candle these ones though. They ought to be due within 10 days or so

Well, if it works out like muscovy and mallard derived birds, the incubation time will be different.
Mallards and African geese have the same incubation period, so I wouldnt think it would be different.......Muscovies have a longer Incubation period than mallards....thats why its messed up

I am sorry if I am misinterpreting you, and I don't mean to say this offensively or anything like that.....But all domestic geese have the same incubation period....I am not sure if you are thinking a muscovy is a goose (Its a duck) or you thinking of a wild breed of goose. And again I wasnt saying this to be mean or anything like that, just clearing up foggy areas

Back
Top Bottom