Missing pears from my tree

baileychickenranch

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 18, 2011
I have a friend I am asking this for. SO she has one pear tree and noticed pears were on there about to be ripe. Then after a week of rain she noticed they were all gone! The stems and cores are left on the tree but no pears. None on the ground or anywhere. They live in a neighborhood with a few fields around. The leaves look fine just pears are like they disintegrated. Any ideas???????

Sounds like maybe something may be eating them right off the tree! Are these lower hanging pears? It's very possible things like deer, bears, raccoons, etc might be eating them. If the cores were not left, I'd suggest someone might be picking them without asking but it's very strange only the cores are left!

I have a friend I am asking this for. SO she has one pear tree and noticed pears were on there about to be ripe. Then after a week of rain she noticed they were all gone! The stems and cores are left on the tree but no pears. None on the ground or anywhere. They live in a neighborhood with a few fields around. The leaves look fine just pears are like they disintegrated. Any ideas???????

Or someone raiding the pear tree while they weren't looking. That's my guess.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom