first time chicken farmer

CHICKLOVER69

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 13, 2014
Sulphur, Louisiana
Brooder ready. Chicks arrive in a day or so. Excited

built over the last couple of days. Thanks. Been around chickens but never had to care for them. Definetely never ordered them off the net. Hope they all survive the trip. Was assured they would be fine from the hatchery and do not dispute them, Its just really hot here in Louisiana and i have not personal experience with ordering chicks

I have 15 coming from cackle, supposed to ship this Wednesday. I can't wait, I hope yours come in healthy and happy. Who did you order yours from. I have never ordered chicks either.

Wow - I have serious brooder box envy! That's just amazing. If that's the brooder then I can only imagine how gorgeous your coop must be! Lucky chickens!

I think we hit 97 today, so I definitely understand about the heat concerns. The post office handles live animals all the time, though, and they know what they're doing. I'm sure your chicks will be fine.
smile.png

Enjoy your new chicks and post pics when they arrive! Congrats!

I have 15 coming from cackle, supposed to ship this Wednesday. I can't wait, I hope yours come in healthy and happy. Who did you order yours from. I have never ordered chicks either.
Same to you. Ordered mine from meyerhatchery.com . Was gonna do mypetchicken, but they didnt have all the breeds i wanted that could be shipped on monday. I work rotating shift work and had to get them this week. Guessing they will get here on wednesday since no call today. I did call the post office and recommend you doing the same. The postmaster was very nice and took several different phone numbers from me and said they would call as soon as they got there.

Wow - I have serious brooder box envy! That's just amazing. If that's the brooder then I can only imagine how gorgeous your coop must be! Lucky chickens!

I think we hit 97 today, so I definitely understand about the heat concerns. The post office handles live animals all the time, though, and they know what they're doing. I'm sure your chicks will be fine.
smile.png

Enjoy your new chicks and post pics when they arrive! Congrats!
They gonna be pets that also provide us some fresh eggs. Will do my best to keep them comfortable. My coop and run will be 8x16. I only ordered 8 chicks to make sure they have plenty of room. If they are not cluttered, then i may get a few more later. Ordered 2 RIR, 2 Barred Rock, 2 Black Australorp, and 2 Light Brown Leghorns. The White Leghorns did not hatch so they offered me the Light Browns. You have a nice coop and write up. Mine will be similar. NO plans yet. I like to go on the fly. LOL.

You ordered some good breeds i have had all except for the BA and I hear those are some good chickens. I called the post office yesterday and let them know.

Love your brooder! My chicks just arrived from Meyer hatchery today! I already have 4 full grown golden buffs from Meyer that I ordered last September :) all really friendly healthy birds so far! Good luck with yours!
here are some of my full grown girls

Back
Top Bottom