One of my ditzy ducks is acting different.

BamaDucker8811

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 5, 2014
West Central Alabama
One of my pair of Pekins, has started "ducking" her head a lot. This is new behavior for her & the other one doesn't do it. She's eating very well, is active & seems happy. I just wondered if this means anything. They are about 14-15 weeks old.

One of my pair of Pekins, has started "ducking" her head a lot. This is new behavior for her & the other one doesn't do it. She's eating very well, is active & seems happy. I just wondered if this means anything. They are about 14-15 weeks old.
You mean like bobbing her head? that sounds like mating behavior, she maybe flirting.

You mean like bobbing her head? that sounds like mating behavior, she maybe flirting.
Oh my!
duc.gif
Well, if I'm correct & both ducks are females, she's gonna be a very frustrated little duck isn't she? Mating behavior just never crossed my mind. Thanks Miss Lydia - you always have the answer!!!

Oh my!
duc.gif
Well, if I'm correct & both ducks are females, she's gonna be a very frustrated little duck isn't she? Mating behavior just never crossed my mind. Thanks Miss Lydia - you always have the answer!!!
Not necessarily they will still act out mating with each other just won't have any fertile eggs.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom