A. drake for a pet?

LittleBlu

Songster
6 Years
Jul 9, 2014
Oakhurst, Ca
I'm not sure ofthe breed of my duckling right now but I'm worried he might be male. All these posts of mean or aggressive drakes! Can I have a drake as a pet? Is there anything I should worry about? t

The problem is that a lone drake will most likely think of you as a mate and try to subdue you. Yes, males can be kept as a pet and there are ways of handling them, but it's always good for a male to have a few girls around to redirect his affection. In fact, any duck will do better with another duck, even two drakes together are better than one alone.

I know that he/she shouldn't be alone but its siblings were killed and it no longer duckling season here. I'm just really worried about if he's male he'll get aggressive when he's older

this is Crackers(its name) it has a teddy bear but I want other ducklings. I'm just not sure if I can handle more right now. I was hoping for 3

Last edited:
I cuddle and kiss and love and hold him, plus hand feeding! But I've seen a few posts on how they just randomly get aggressive after being sweet and held. I'm afraid because I wouldn't know what to do with him of he got that way!

Back
Top Bottom