Urgent - Seramas & Silkies need adoption in San Juan Bautista, Calif.

kande

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 13, 2013
Petaluma
URGENT - birds need adoption/rescue!

My DH's nephew died unexpectedly about 10 days ago. He and his partner lived in San Juan Bautista. I got a call from his partner Ray today, and Ray is desperate - he has no money for feed, or anything else, since the nephew handles all finances. The estate is going to be tied up for a while because there's no Will, and they never registered as domestic partners. Ray is infirm and not too sharp. He can't really take care of himself, let alone the animals. He wants to move back to family in Oklahoma as soon as possible. In the meantime he is super stressed trying to find someone that will take their birds.

They have:

18 pet chickens living in their house, mostly Seramas and Silkies. One is setting (serama) on 12 eggs.
One 20lb rooster with a broken toe that he said was a "legger" - he is a house pet at the moment too.
7 more chickens outside, presumably hens

1 african swan goose
2 chinese geese - mated pair
1 blue-eyed gander, 2 hens, a three month old gosling
2 other geese
3 ducks

25 rabbits mostly lops, or lop/angora mixes. some might have jack rabbit (you can guess how that happened)
two lion faced angoras - a black doe, and her blue-eyed white furred son

If you think you can take any or all of these animals, or know of a rescue organization that can, please reply ASAP. I suspect that their living conditions are deteriorating, and Ray is desperate to not turn them over to the county.

Thank you so much -

Kande
([email protected])

Is shipping an option? We might be interested in the seramas and maybe a goose? Cant be for sure though, my family has to agree. I live in ohio. Also, do you know what kind the other geese and ducks are? Any white sebastopol ( they look like they got a curly perm ).

Last edited:
Is shipping an option? We might be interested in the seramas and maybe a goose? Cant be for sure though, my family has to agree. I live in ohio. Also, do you know what kind the other geese and ducks are? Any white sebastopol ( they look like they got a curly perm ).

I don't think shipping is an option, but I'll know more when I get down there and actually see the birds, etc. I'll post some pics, too.

If shipping does become an option, or if ray can ship them from oklahoma, I will need to ask our post office about price and live animals and check the weeks temperatures. Though, I wish you luck in findin them a home.. I also wish I knew someone who was traveling from california, across the u.s. xD. I just dont want the poor things put down :(

My daughter and some friends are looking to start showing silkies for 4-H. I see you're in Petaluma we live in Willits and travel to Santa Rosa often. If there was any way to meet up with you I'd definitely be interested

This is probably to late but I will take the all the geese and ducks and three seremas and three silkies if shipping is an option. Please pm me if so

Back
Top Bottom