chicks Dieing

poultry-guy

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 7, 2014
Help how do I put my 3-4 week old chicks to 10-11 old chick.
I come from losing 2 chicks and I found the others eating its insides (well they were already gone)

Help how do I put my 3-4 week old chicks to 10-11 old chick.
I come from losing 2 chicks and I found the others eating its insides (well they were already gone)

To be sure I am understanding your question - are you asking how you can put the 3/4 week olds in with the 10/11 week olds?
Have you already done so and that is when the cannibalism took place or?

yes you say it. I was just wondering if there was something to do to have them together without eating each other

The age difference makes it unlikely that you will have a harmonious merging at this point - the older birds are of a size and age that will make bullying (to the point of death) all but inevitable (as you have already seen). For the sake of both groups it is better to keep them separated until the youngest birds are at least 16 weeks or so of age and then go through the integration process with the two groups of birds.

The age difference makes it unlikely that you will have a harmonious merging at this point - the older birds are of a size and age that will make bullying (to the point of death) all but inevitable (as you have already seen). For the sake of both groups it is better to keep them separated until the youngest birds are at least 16 weeks or so of age and then go through the integration process with the two groups of birds.
This. The younger ones are too young to be in with the older ones at this point.

Back
Top Bottom