Sick or Injured Chick HELP!

chickenmadness7

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 2, 2014
I'm caring for a 2 week old Speckled Sussex Chick (vaccinated for Mareks) that suddenly began walking on her haunches today. This is a day after I introduced leafy greens, blueberries, and chick grit to the diet. She was healthy and fine before today. She's with 2 other chicks that are active, healthy, and walking normally. Please advise!!! What kind of supportive care can I give to her, medicines, and/or vitamins? I have them on electrolytes and probiotic now in the water.

I'm caring for a 2 week old Speckled Sussex Chick (vaccinated for Mareks) that suddenly began walking on her haunches today. This is a day after I introduced leafy greens, blueberries, and chick grit to the diet. She was healthy and fine before today. She's with 2 other chicks that are active, healthy, and walking normally. Please advise!!! What kind of supportive care can I give to her, medicines, and/or vitamins? I have them on electrolytes and probiotic now in the water.

Well you are taking care of the water
thumbsup.gif

Sounds like you need more protein in the diet so make up a hard boiled egg and remove the shell mash egg really good and serve ,,, lots of good vitamins and minerals in the egg .........

I took her to my vet yesterday. She tested negative for cocci and the vet diagnosed her with a vitamin deficiency. A really nice lady on a facebook group has been giving me great advice. She helped me find a special vitamin b for chickens online, so I have ordered that. In the meantime, I have my chick on a multivitamin/electrolyte specifically for chickens that I bought at Southern States. I also gave her a dose of corrid last night with the off chance that the test was wrong. She looked so awful prior to that and I thought she would die. She seems to have improved very slightly. Time will tell!

I took her to my vet yesterday. She tested negative for cocci and the vet diagnosed her with a vitamin deficiency. A really nice lady on a facebook group has been giving me great advice. She helped me find a special vitamin b for chickens online, so I have ordered that. In the meantime, I have my chick on a multivitamin/electrolyte specifically for chickens that I bought at Southern States. I also gave her a dose of corrid last night with the off chance that the test was wrong. She looked so awful prior to that and I thought she would die. She seems to have improved very slightly. Time will tell!

If your chicken will eat at all try some hard boiled egg as there is vitamin A, B-1, B2, B5,Bg, B-12, D, E, Minerals, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zink yes all of that and more is in the hard boiled egg but not part the whole thing just remove the shell mash and serve and if the chicken will eat it just keep feeding it till it wont eat any more .......

Yes it really works and makes a huge difference but the chicken will need to be able to eat for this to work ........

She has stopped eating abd drinking on her own as she's very weak and tired. :( I've had to hand feed her with baby parrot formula and give her warm water with electrolytes and vitamins via a syringe. She pretty much mostly sleeps now. :,(

Back
Top Bottom