October 2014, Norco Meet-up

hosspak

Songster
6 Years
Sep 2, 2013
Lake Elsinore, CA.
This is the email I sent to the City of Norco. I will post any responce I get from them.

Hello Robin,
We are starting to plan our next get together in early October and we are planning on using Neal Snipes Park. Have you been able to get any answers to our questions and concerns about our ability to use this area? Thank you for your time and assistance in expediting this matter. Rick.

idunno.gif

Last edited:
I finally got a response from the City of Norco. Of course I had to send another reminder.
"Thank you for following up, Rick. I am placing this in the top of the priority list. I will get with the Director today or tomorrow, depending on his schedule. I or Kristen will get back to you by the end of the day tomorrow."
Robin

Update; This is the email that I received from Norco this morning, along with my response. "I spoke with the Director of Parks, Recreation and Community Services about your event. He has declined the use of Neal Snipes Park for the type of gathering that you have but has suggested using the 4-H barns. I have cc’d Patty Ireland on this email and will forward our past emails to her. She is the contact for all events at the George Ingalls Equestrian Event Center which includes the 4-H barns." My reponse; "Thank you for the quick response. This news is very disappointing. What were the reasons or concerns for his refusal? Since we have held this event at Neil Snipes park for the last 4 years without incident or problem we are a little confused. We have answered all the concerns regarding the needs and requirements of state venders permits. As stated in our earlier e-mails we had agreeded to the concerns of having Animal control inspect our animals and the conditions of their care. We feel that using an alternate site will reduce the amount of community contact in which we have always enjoyed in the past and the added business that is gained to the community, especially with the addition of the Tractor Supply Store down the street. Using the Grounds for our events would definately put a unnecessary financial burden on a group of people who only want a day that we can meet with distant friends and talk about gardening and raising chickens. We have enjoyed using Neil Snipes park in the past and would like to continue making this park our venue in the future. Again, we are not a group of businesses out to make money but we are only a few people who enjoy being a little more self sufficiente."
Thanks, Rick.

Back
Top Bottom