BEST place to buy chicks (online)

Horsegirl412

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 26, 2014
Looking for a good place to buy all different breeds of chicks year round. I have been looking on My Pet Chicken, but I am not sure if they sell chicks in late October. I am in Calif. so worrying about winter is not a problem. Any good websites or places to buy from?
Thanks!!!

I've bought chicks from Privett out of NM. They sell chicks year round and have a 5 chick minimum per breed. I've had only about 3% roos missed in the pullets. I have bought somewhere around 20 different breeds from them and my favorites have been the BR, EEs (they sell them as Ameraucanas), Brahmas and RO. SLW are better laced than the GLW. Overall, I think they pretty good quality

Last edited:
I received my 6 last Tuesday and they are doing great. I ordered them back in April because their selection was getting sparse. From looking at their website, their last ship dart on available chicks seems to be 9/29.

Ideal poultry is a good place to buy from and they have a lot of good specials. I just got 25 assorted Silkies for $1.05 each + $10.75 for shipping. Go to advertised specials on their shop online page or check their Facebook page.

You can join Ideal's email list and they will send an email to you announcing the weekly specials. They also have call in only specials sometimes.

My Pet Chicken was great, especially during my very first time raising chicks. One of them was pasted up, so I called and spoke with someone who explained to me exactly what to do. They were so patient and kind, and the chick lived after following their directions. I've never lost a chick ordered from them, and they ship in small quantities. I just wish they had more of the rare breeds.

I placed a order from my pet chickens.My first time ordering on line.My are due to arrive at the end of may.Good to see you were pleased with your order.

I placed a order from my pet chickens.My first time ordering on line.My are due to arrive at the end of may.Good to see you were pleased with your order.

I sure hope all goes well for you! I've had nothing but great service and great birds from them. The Japanese bantams I got weren't show quality, but I told them I didn't care about that when I ordered them. They are STILL the calmest, friendliest birds in our flock even though they're ancient. We seriously were buying pets from My Pet Chicken. :love

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom