HELP! Duck shaking/seizing

anniele27

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 10, 2014
Illinois
Friday morning we first noticed one of our pekin hens suddenly stop walking and shook her head and neck around like crazy. It only lasted a few seconds and when it was done she just continued walking like nothing happened. This has happened twice yesterday, and three times today that we've observed.

I immediately went to the forums but every description of a duck seizing said that the whole body moved around and fell to the ground then was disorientated.

Our duck (nicknamed spaz for the purpose of this post) throws only her head back and shakes it side to side then puts her nose to the ground for a second then continues on like nothing happened. We have 14 other ducks down with her but she is the only one showing these symptoms.

Does anyone have any idea would could be going on? Please help! Id feel awful bad if something happened to her

This is a video of what's going on

**It happens in the first 30 seconds (no need to watch the rest). ***

this is not my duck but when doing research to see what could be going on I came across this video which is very similar to what my duck is doing.

This is a video of what's going on

**It happens in the first 30 seconds (no need to watch the rest). ***

this is not my duck but when doing research to see what could be going on I came across this video which is very similar to what my duck is doing.

Oh, that's heartbreaking...do you have a vet that accepts barnyard fowl? If so I recommend you take her in immediately. Seizures like that can be caused by anything from epilepsy to brain parasites.

Unfortunately we do not have a vet near us that will take ducks

Well that's just stupid. This is why I'm specializing in exotics, I can't stand the thought of people not being able to find proper medical care for ALL of their animals. ;; Ugh. I wish I knew what to do...I'm so sorry.

Sorry to have never updated this, (I went on vaca then came home and got an african grey parrot ) it has been a very busy month. Spaz has not had any more seizures and seems to be doing fine so I have no clue what was going on but I'm glad it has passed!

Back
Top Bottom