Sex of sebright/polish cross

kristylynne

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 28, 2014
Sacramento, Ca
I got 3 chickens from a friend. They are maybe 3 mos old and my kids have already heard one crow (we believe it's a polish/Cochin cross) and I'm really hoping the one lacking a comb and wattle is a hen (maybe a polish/australorp cross). Haven't heard the sebright crow yet, but is showing some aggression toward the roo. Is the sebright also a roo? :-/

Guesses on breeds are also welcome. A polish rooster was the only rooster on the farm, but a variety of hens were all free range. Multiple eggs were collected and all placed under a sebright hen to lay on and be mama to.

I got 3 chickens from a friend. They are maybe 3 mos old and my kids have already heard one crow (we believe it's a polish/Cochin cross) and I'm really hoping the one lacking a comb and wattle is a hen (maybe a polish/australorp cross). Haven't heard the sebright crow yet, but is showing some aggression toward the roo. Is the sebright also a roo? :-/
Roo
Roo
Both roos
Front two- roos, back one pullet

Thanks! All the pics of the sebright are the same bird. I only got the three of them pictures together in the last pic. Was trying to give diff angles. :). Will the two roos start to fight if kept together with the pullet?

If its only one pullet and two roos when they get to breeding age, fighting is likely, and the pullet can be stressed from being overbred and lose saddle feathers from the roos mounting her. For two roos, I personally wouldnt go under 15 hens.

Ok, now my friend said she will take back both of the roos. What are the chances I'd be able to introduce the pullet into my other flock of 3 (silkie rooster and 2 silkie/Cochin cross hens). How much space is recommended per chicken? Is that horrible if I keep her in a coop if she is accustomed to free ranging?

Back
Top Bottom