Golden Brahma?

Lott1

Chirping
10 Years
Oct 23, 2012
We just acquired a new chicken. We thought it was a chick but think now that it has turned out to be a roo. It's a Brahma, completely golden in color and very, very full feathers around legs and feet. We have no idea how old or young he is. My husband "heard" his crow yesterday but it's very faint. Our other rooster (had to get rid of him) crowed all day. This one we've only heard him in the morning. We have 2 other female Brahma's, black and white but their feathers on the legs aren't as full. My question is has anyone seen a completely golden Brahma roo? I'll try to get a pic of him and post it.

welcome-byc.gif

There are buff brahmas, with black around the collar and tails. I've not seen a solid buff Brahma. From your description, if the bird is solid buff, I'd wonder if it's a Cochin instead. Cochins have straight combs, Brahmas have pea combs.

I think you are right! It (He) is a Cochin. Very pretty. Can't tell how old he is but his morning crow is very quiet so I'm thinking he's young and just coming into his crowing. He only crows in the mornings tho. Is that normal?
We had another rooster that sadly I had to give him away because he kept attacking my sister and grandkids. I was the only one that he didn't attack. Anyway he was a sexlink and rough on the girls too. But he would wake up the whole neighborhood with his crowing all day long.
Thank you for the info.

That looks just like him. Thank you. I would have kept calling him a Brahma.

Back
Top Bottom