Egg Catcher?

thinkloically

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 13, 2013
Frisco,Texas
I bought this-

New Age Pet ecoChoice Fontana Chicken Pen

I got this for free and I'm going to keep 6 quail in there. It lays flat on the ground with no covering on the bottom. Is it possible to get a egg catcher from this?(
fl.gif
) I need answers quick.

Since there is no wire on the bottom to help funnel the eggs to the "front" I don't see how to make something to catch eggs. You can try nesting sites to see if the hens will tend to lay in them to make collecting easier, but you will always have some that just lay anywhere.

If you have carpentry tools I can tell you how. your best bet though would be to get friendly with a professional carpenter because they would be able to jiffy something up in a few minutes.

If you have carpentry tools I can tell you how. your best bet though would be to get friendly with a professional carpenter because they would be able to jiffy something up in a few minutes.
Hey mister, I have a rock, a ruler and a bigger rock, what else do I need?

Place the cage on a hill make sure door is on bottom side of incline watch carefully when you hear a whistling squeal ready yourself, open door quickly so no quail run out,reach in grab the egg, set up for the next one , patience needed it usually is 25 hours before another one is laid.

Back
Top Bottom