I would like to start a Beltsville group

Hounds51

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 7, 2014
Bethel PA
Yes I would like to start a Beltsville group. This would consist of anyone who is currently breeding, keeping, or interested in the breed.
Mainly I would like to get and keep in touch with Beltsville people who would be willing to swap eggs, and possibly lend lease extra birds so that if a breeder would have a catastrophic loss, they could keep up with the breed.
I know there are members on here that are keeping them or would like to keep them.
Since these birds are on the critical list I would really like to see the Beltsville breed to survive a
nd possibly thrive.
My kids are truly a unique breed. I also have Bourbon Reds, and I think the Beltsvilles have a real loving personality that cannot equal any of my other birds. People who visit me comment that the white ones have such a friendly personalty. Any one who is interested can send me a personal message or join in on this thread.
Here are some pictures of our kids

IMG

Last edited:

There is my lone ranger, I am pretty sure she is a hen, what do you think? top, bblotto, and the one with the brahmas are recent within last couple of days.

There is my lone ranger, I am pretty sure she is a hen, what do you think? top, bblotto, and the one with the brahmas are recent within last couple of days.
How old are the pictures? If there recent, then yes you got a hen. Come on over and I will give you a jake and another hen. All it will cost you is a good set of fertile eggs from your Beltsville's next spring. I plan on giving away free eggs plus postage for anyone who wants to join our group. Dennis P.S. remember this is to preserve the Beltsville strain this is not a give away for total meat production

How old are the pictures?
If there recent, then yes you got a hen.
Come on over and I will give you a jake and another hen.
All it will cost you is a good set of fertile eggs from your Beltsville's next spring.
I plan on giving away free eggs plus postage for anyone who wants to join our group.
Dennis
P.S. remember this is to preserve the Beltsville strain this is not a give away for total meat production

The top pic and the bottom two were from the day before or two days before I posted.

I got the eggs from a fellow named Jerry Pool in IL. I absolutely love them. They are my kids and follow me wherever I go, lol. I will be wanting more hens! I really want to keep this breed alive!

Last edited:
I got the eggs from a fellow named Jerry Pool in IL.  I absolutely love them.  They are my kids and follow me wherever I go, lol.  I will be wanting more hens!  I really want to keep this breed alive!

Hang tight. Currently I have 7 males and 6 females. At this time I need to keep my females for next spring egg production.
I should be able to give you some eggs next spring.
You should have a 2 female to 1 male ratio for breeding. Too many males could cause you some problems sometime down the road.
Let me know if you are interested in free eggs next spring.
Dennis

Back
Top Bottom