HELP! Air sacs very small!

chickensval

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 12, 2013
Mobile, Alabama
So i have 14 duck eggs in the incubator. Its day 3 right now. I have the temp at 95.9°f. Not sure about humidity. I have water pans filled and also a small cup of water- (everyone said ducks need extra humidity.) Its a little giant still air incubator.Ive candled two daus in a row (yesteray and today) and the air sacs have gotten VERY small. its like they arenteven there... some of them are oddly shaped. Please tell me how i can fix this. I will post pictures as soon as i can.

Last edited:
I have the same incubator and one of my chicks had a air sack that was a little bit smaller than a quarter instead of one the size of a little bit smaller than a dollar coin but any way it did just fine here's a pic of it today

And low temp may be why your air sacks are small mine i guess was just a weird egg but looking that you said that your temp was 95.5 and that's not good at all raise the temp I hope I helped :):):):):)

Okay thank you! But my air sacs are like the size of a dime... I raised the temp and lowered himidity. Will candle them tomorrow.. I dont want to let them chill from being out of the incubator.

Umm in my incubator I fill all the trays with water and a rag of water on lockdown I wouldn't of lowered humidity it might be low

Back
Top Bottom