Chicken sausage recipe wanted

chickenhound

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 2, 2014
We are planning on culling 6 birds from the flock this weekend and want to make chicken sausage. Does anyone have any good recipes for chicken sausage? I am looking for a spicy sausage and not a breakfast type sausage.

Have been making sausage for awhile and finally found out I was doing wrong. I think it was having a recipe , I was getting caught up in it. I just ground up some young rooster the first batch a add salt ,pepper ,garlic , powder ,maple syrup no measurement . Just add pinch of this and that made a burger and it was good .Next batch I Used dried apples ,dried jalapeños,salt ,pepper ,cilantro and a little water. I think the dried apple helped hold everything together it tasted great. I some chicken in the pan to fry them . They tasted better and package mix or recipe I every used.

Thanks for the reply Osbmail. I ended up using a recipe I got on line and the sausages were great. I added 12 oz ground up bacon to my 5 lbs of ground chicken breasts as well as a cup of red wine,2 jalapeno peppers, some cilantro, salt and pepper. It was great. I have heard that apples go well in chicken sausage as well and I will add that next time I make it.

I think the main thing is use good ingredients and don't over think it .Dried apples probably make a good binder.And it is to dry just fry it in fat.

Back
Top Bottom