Cedar Creek Hatchery Warning pheasants

Jake3

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 17, 2014
I am really disappointed right now and thought I would vent and warn others. I ordered $170 worth of Pheasants back in April From Cedar Creek. Paid instantly with paypal and received an email a few days later saying they were just setting eggs so they would get them out to me after hatch. I told them no problem. Didnt hear from them in april. Nothing in May or June. Finally I emailed them the other day, end of July, and politely asked for a refund since I had heard nothing from them and had never received my order. I then received an email from them with an apology in which they said they would refund my money. Couple days later got message from paypal saying they had refund my money minus $35 for a cancellation fee. They never communicated and did not deliver my order that I wanted and then charged me $35? Does that seem right to you all? I emailed them probably 4 more times politely asking for my full refund. Finally after multiple unanswered emails I get a response that states I should have read the legals on their page and that by ordering I accepted the policy. Oh well.

Bad part is they took so long that they exceeded paypals claims limit of 45 days. Anyone close by that could go slash $35 worth of car tires for me? ha ha. Just kidding.

Did a yahoo search on cedar creek and surprise surprise a link to better business bureau came up. Turns out im not the only one they have nailed. Followed the link and filed a complaint. Will see where that gets me.

Did a yahoo search on cedar creek and surprise surprise a link to better business bureau came up. Turns out im not the only one they have nailed. Followed the link and filed a complaint. Will see where that gets me.
yippiechickie.gif
good cluck, hope it goes good for you.

Bad part is they took so long that they exceeded paypals claims limit of 45 days. Anyone close by that could go slash $35 worth of car tires for me? ha ha. Just kidding.

Companies aren't supposed to legally charge you until the product ships.

If you use paypal, and it starts getting close to 45 days, file a claim, whether or not things are fine.

Yea. I thought Paypal would be my best chance but had no idea that there was a 45 day policy. Oh well. Stupid thing is that negative publicity will cost them way more than $35 they owe me.

Maybe you should call your state Attorney General office and they could really slap them a good one. Can't hurt to check it out. I'll support you with a boycott petition if they keep refusing to do the right thing.

Sorry to hear of your bad experience...a little too late to help you but quite a few of us have posted previously about our less than stellar experiences with CCH. A shame to hear they haven't improved since I was burned last year.

Back
Top Bottom