GameBird Gazette

mrwoodboat

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 25, 2012
Anyone on here subscribe? I did back in Feb and while I have not seen a copy yet, I look forward to it- I just spoke with the publisher and must say I was impressed with his desire to sort out why I have yet to get my copies..

Looks to be a nicely done publication...

Last edited:
It was great ....when you would get it. I quit subscribing but all the time I had to hound them for one of mine. it was rediculous as most will tell you.. That was no.1 beef for all. Thats why they hurt themselves. Its prolly still awesome but I see some things aint changed one bit. haha. But do enjoy.
tongue.png

I agree their service leaves alot to be desired. Although every time you talk to them they will promise to get you a copy and they never do. Pretty sad because they did have alot to offer but never produced anything. I tried for over a year to get copies and finally gave up because they always made excuses as to why it would be late and it wasn't worth trying any more. I wish we could all get together and start to produce a magazine I think it would help so many people in alot of ways. If anyone has any ideas I am open since I have been thinking alot about it.

I paid for 2 different subscription orders to this magazine and even after a phone call and 3 emails I have yet to see a single magazine. They promised to look into the matter but that was as far as it went. It seems to be a very poorly run business and I would not advise anyone to send them any money.

I've been a member for a long time and it is a wonderful magazine. This is something the Allen family has done for decades. The Allen family who puts it out are wonderful folks and have done so much for our hobby. The editor, Mr. Allen, has suffered terrible illness which slowed things up some. He is a member here on BYC and I know everyone wishes him the very best. I checked today and the new issue is near ready to go out to everyone.

Nobody is saying anything about the Allen family but about their practice on how to ship magazines out leave alot to be desired. Most people understand that people have illness I surly do but when people pay for something and get no results it's a little hard. No matter how many times you call and get promised magazines which is all anyone that pays for would like. Also when you start up a business you need to do whatever it takes to get the job done not make excuses their are many people that loved what they do and they have a good quality but we would like to get magazines other than every other year. If they needed help I'm sure many people including myself would be right there to help them make sure it goes out!

PheasantFrenzie, You say you are not saying anything about the Allen family and then you do just that... I checked with them and I understand they know you and have helped you in years past. I understand they have no money from you. Like I mentioned, I have been a member of the magazine a long time. It has done so much for the hobby and to help protect our rights as bird breeders. Mr. Allen, the editor, has gone to countless hearings to try to help preserve our ability to ship through the post office, to keep shipping rates down, testify against unfair regulations (local, state and federal) on bird breeders, etc. The list is long of how much good they've done. The magazine has always been there fighting for the rights of bird breeders. The mag has taken on the humaniacs that don't believe people should keep, breed, or even ship pheasant, quail, and waterfowl. I know the Allens don't do this for money, they do it for their love of the birds, our hobby, and for future generations of bird breeders. I'm proud to be a member and when someone who has done so much suffers terrible illness, yes, I do wish them the best and not making excuses. The new magazine will be out soon and I love and couldn't do without it. The rules here at BYC are not to attack other members...

I have heard great things about the magazine but even after a two year subscription and being told I would be sent the older issues while waiting for the new issue a while back I still have not gotten any either.

Back
Top Bottom