Rooster @ 8 weeks is agressive! Help?

cowhlb

Songster
5 Years
Apr 4, 2014
Virginia
We have two roosters that are about 8 weeks old. They are a Lakenvelder and a Light Brahma. The Light Brahma is starting to peck me whenever I pick him up and he pecks my shoes! The other one doesn't do that. Why is he already mean??

Is he just pecking or does it look like he's trying to be mean? I have some pullets that love pecking anything that looks like food or interesting (like a button). It does hurt sometimes when they peck. You could tap him on the beak every time he does it. If he's really mean then you may have to train him with more forceful methods.

Is he just pecking or does it look like he's trying to be mean? I have some pullets that love pecking anything that looks like food or interesting (like a button). It does hurt sometimes when they peck. You could tap him on the beak every time he does it. If he's really mean then you may have to train him with more forceful methods.
Well when I go to pick him up he turns his head around and pecks my hands. And when I put my foot in front of his face to get him to stop pecking my feet he raises his head up like his is going to fight my foot...

One of mine was like that. He was delicious....
Hahaha!!!
lau.gif

Here's a link on how to train your rooster! Hope it helps! (it's the quote that ronott1)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/316084/australorps-breed-thread/6610
You can't miss it! It's really long!
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom