Anyone have experience with installing hydronic radiant floor heating in between joists?

reveriereptile

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
Northern NY
I'm trying to get our house tubing layout figured up so I can order our tubing so we can get other things done in our house we are building. I came across a few questions that I was needing to know about. We are installing it doubled lines between the joists with plates and will be tiling the whole house. The utility room is where the tubing system will be hooked up. We have a large crawl space under the house.

The questions are:
1. Does the tubing need to be installed under the sinks (exterior walls), cabinets, stove, fridge,closet, shower, or washer/dryer?
2. We have a cathedral ceiling and was going to put the living area and hall on one zone. The kitchen is open up under the loft. We were going to add that to the zone also. Does that seem like it would be any problems with temperature?
3. Does anyone know how to do the tubing layout or could possibly help us out with the layout for the living room? The point prow and size of the area is making it hard to figure out the best way to lay out the tubing.

Here is a picture of what we are working with. The different colors are the different zones we were thinking of. I had gotten quotes from different Radiant companies and they seem to want to use 7/8" tubing in 200-250' sections due to the high heat loss areas. We live in the northern part of NY so it does get cold.

I talked with a different Radiant company due to problems with the other one and we received our tubing today. They didn't really help us with a layout for our living room. They said it is very simple and easy to do. By the papers it says 4 circuits of 251' of tubing for the living room, kitchen, and hallway. I have a question about this if anyone might know what to do.

Since the living room is such a distance from the utility room are we suppose to run a supply and return pipe/tube from the mandifold along the side wall to hook the tubing into instead of running it all the way back to the utility room for each circuit?

Back
Top Bottom