cheap coop ideas

newt1979

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 5, 2014
Indianapolis, IN

I wanted chickens but didn't want to spend $100's of dollars on housing. I got creative and browsed CL. I found a heavy duty wood playhouse house for $40. A little paint and a free dog kennel later I have a home for 6 egg layers and 2 very cute silkies. All for under $50. I'm pretty proud of myself.
1f60a.png

Last edited:
I wanted chickens but didn't want to spend $100's of dollars on housing. I got creative and browsed CL. I found a heavy duty wood playhouse house for $40. A little paint and a free dog kennel later I have a home for 6 egg layers and 2 very cute silkies. All for under $50. I'm pretty proud of myself.
1f60a.png
Sounds good; pix would complete the story.

The Chicken Coop Kit provides everything needed to care for small animals. It is self-contained to
safely house two or three hens, rabbits, or guinea pigs. This fine wire mesh coop has a nest box to provide
protection for animals and eggs. It is crafted from solid, finished Douglas fir with a waterproof composite
roof and a nest box lift lid. The lids lift on the coop and nest box to allow easy access. A removable drop
pan makes for easy cleanup. The starter kit is perfect for a small space.

http://sbmumair123.wix.com/chicken-coop-kits

Back
Top Bottom