my first eggs!! who laid them?

jgoodin

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 17, 2014
el Paso tx
I got my very first flock 3 days ago and this morning I found this!! They were very small slightly differently colored eggs. Could they have been hatched by the same hen? I don't think it was one of these gals.
They are supposed to be adult rir but thanks to this community I've realized they're rsl. I'm expecting bigger eggs out of them, So that leaves one of these gals.
I was told they were 4 month old barred rock hatchmates. To me the barred hens look very different and I suspect they're actually different ages. One is definitely bigger than the other one and has redder bigger comb and wattles. The white hen could be a roo because it's smaller framed than the others but has a bigger comb and wattles. In spite of her "cocky" personality big red and reba still pick on her.

Here's another few shots of the possible culprits, who do y'all think is most likely to be my little layer.

They do vary quite a bit. It takes a while for everything to come on line and regulate. As you figure out who us laying what, you'll see more consistency as your hens mature. With my pullets I try to be around and see who is laying what and where- I mark the egg and can over a few weeks somewhat see maturity happening- then we have Omelets!

Last edited:
They do vary quite a bit. It takes a while for everything to come on line and regulate. As you figure out who us laying what, you'll see more consistency as your hens mature. With my pullets I try to be around and see who is laying what and where- I mark the egg and can over a few weeks somewhat see maturity happening- then we have Omelets!
thank you! My eggs looked slightly different but were very similar in size. :-(no eggs this morning-yet.

Back
Top Bottom