My baby Betty White. RIP gorgeous girl

motherhenfran

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 25, 2014
Today I lost my first chicken ever. Betty White was a golden sexlink and she was my best friend. Raised from the age of two weeks old she was taken too soon from a tragic accident in the yard and being too inquisitive under a log. Luckily she felt no pain and was held and loved in her last few seconds.

She showed me just how easy it was to love something other than a dog. She became house broken after just a couple months being allowed in the house and she would rush inside to lay her eggs on the couch next to me every single morning. Her egg song was one of the most beautiful noises I've ever heard and they way she communicated with me let me know she knew I was her mother. If I was away for too long she'd come looking for me. It wasn't an uncommon sight to find her waiting outside the bathroom door after I had been showering. She was the head hauncho for the other girls and although I know they miss her, I don't think they are too sad about not being bossed around anymore
1f61c.png

I love her dearly and this is my first loss of my girls. She was buried today with all the things she loved with her and fallen feathers from each one of her buddies. This is my Betty

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom