ok guys n gals hers a couple for you

muddy moon

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 20, 2014
I have 2 questions for you
1. Am I best to take my silkie cock out of the pen with my hen who will hopefully hatch her eggs this week he is not the father but has been with her for about 2 weeks will he be OK with the chicks ?

2. Is there any where with a list of temperature,humidity levels and hatching time for chickens ducks quail guineafowl ect ect?

Thanks in advance :)

I can't answer the first question except to say that roosters don't know or care if the chicks hatched under a broody are theirs. A good flock rooster will protect the hen and chicks from the other hens and predators if he's able. More than once, I have watched my rooster come between a broody hen with chicks and a dominant hen that has tried to cause trouble upon integration.

If your eggs are being hatched under a broody, you don't have to worry about humidity/time/temperature for hatching. The hen does it all!

I have an incubator and was thinking of hatching some different eggs so want to know if any one knew of a chart with all the different levels and times for reference :)

Go to the top of the page and click on the learning center. Lots of good info on there. I only know that as a general rule, most ducks are about 28 days and chickens around 21 days. Temps for chickens - 99.5 - 100.5 or so. That's all I've got.

Back
Top Bottom