Precious Moments of the Chicken World

BayBay Peepers

Crowing
6 Years
Apr 5, 2013
Wisconsin
Does anyone have a favorite story or moment with their chickens? I'd love to hear it :)

I'll try to post the picture or video later when that option is available to me again. Out of all the great moments with my flock one really stands out. I was candling an egg and I could see the chick moving inside. The feet were just kicking away. I was in such awe it literally took my breath away haha And don't get me wrong there's a bank of thousands of stories with the flock that I love, this is just my current favorite. Stinkin cute I could watch the video over and over and never tire.

There are so many to choose from...
When we got our first set of chicks, one of them had pasty butt. I had no idea what this was at the time, but luckily a family friend did.
The part of the memory I love was the chick ended up falling asleep on me! This was our first day with chickens and I was instantly hooked.
I miss you Hazel...

No stories? I'm surprised :)

I had a Buff Orpington hen, Henriegga, who would always jump on my shoulder before bed time. From chick on she was my most brave and affectionate chicken. It was not uncommon for her to jump on my lap for a snooze or just walk up to me and fly into my arms. She is the one that convinced me that I was really going to enjoy this whole process. If it wasn't for her I don't think half my flock would be as friendly as they are. Unfortunately we lost her to illness this past June and I miss her everyday, but I enjoyed every second she was here. There will never be another like her :)

Back
Top Bottom