Clear Egg Incubator Hatcher Automatic Turning Temperature Control?

mistyhollow

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 12, 2013
Paw Paw, Mi
Found this incubator on Amazon.com and similar brands on Ebay but was wondering if anyone had any reviews on these types of incubators before I considered purchasing since I want to replace my Styrofoam one.
I like the clear plastic bottom but was wondering if was harder to keep the heat regulated.

These are a few of the brand names
Segawe 48 Eggs Digital
48 Egg Incubator Janoel

I. Bought one and for the past week, I've been trying to get the temperature up. When it's reading 37.8 c, the inside temp is reading 96 f on an accurate thermometer I placed on the egg turner. I'm at Witt's end. Don't waste your money. The hova-bator styrofoam incubator is great but this no name (you'll see it listed under lots of names like:smrroy er 5sd, segawe, unahandbag,eggcubator...) the instructions tell you at 38c which is the factory setting, it will run hot. They suggest you set it at 37.5c. You can not change the centigrade to Fahrenheit. It just sucks.

From what I am experiencing with mine, you need to devote a full week to tweeking the temperature before setting your eggs. Getting the inside to 99.5 is like pulling hens teeth.

I kept the styrofoam that it came shipped in on the bottom and that helped regulate the temperature. Had an awesome hatch and have already started another batch.

I found this one on EBAY: http://www.ebay.com/itm/48-Digital-...568?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51c5daa4d0

Cannot find any reviews anywhere on this.

It says it turns the eggs every 2 hours but do not see anything that shows it rotates or flips. Looks like it just sways them back and forth.

I am not knowledgeable enough to know if that is enough or not.

Also tried to find the manufacture on Google and failed there too.

If any one has any knowledge on this please let me know.
thanks
Michael

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/736899/the-incubator-thread
Sorry but I have not used this incubator before and have just tried to find it in the reviews and can't.
This is the incubator thread in the link above hopefully some one there will have knowledge of it. The turner that's shown in the picture will turn the eggs one way then back upright then to the other side. You set them the pointy end down in the little cups. It looks like the hova bator one shown in the incubator review section.
Best of luck.

Im so frustrated cant get the humidity higher than 50% even if i fill it to rim with water..dont know if that is 100% or 50% throwing it away..lost an complete dozen of precious mountain quail eggs..

Back
Top Bottom