Wow! 100% hatch!

Abundance Farm

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 28, 2014
Well, maybe I am finally getting it. Today I had a 100% hatch in my Brrinsea Octagon Eco! This is about my7th hatch and each time the best I have done is about 70%. Where the eggs came from didn't seem to matter. These were14 Ameraucana eggs that came from my own Am. chickens and Am. Roo and 4 of them came out of the refrigerator (!!!)Just had to tell someone who would understand how truly wonderful this is!!

Congratulations! I have yet to get an 100% hatch of eggs (100% of fertile--yes, 100% overall--no), but it sounds like you've done a good job.
smile.png

Last edited:
Congratulations! I had a 100% incubator hatch with duck eggs, also in a Brinsea. It's a great feeling.

I just had a 100% hatch also... I tried out a new method using my still air incubator and it worked, going to start another hatch next week for a customer wanting chicks and will test it again to see if it works a second time around

Congrats!!! Its a great feeling!
celebrate.gif

Hatching your own eggs is always going to give you a better hatch rate than shipping and 100% is fantastic! I have my nineth group of eggs in the incubator for this year and at day 5 - 12 of 14 candled with a live embryo. I've never had that good a percentage on shipped eggs. So I know how you feel- it's exciting!

I figured out how to put a sponge in my Brinsea just below the vent slot so I could put a syringe full of water into the slot to drip down onto the sponge and therefore keep the humidity up after lockdown. I think that was the difference. It means, though, that I don't have a full incubator. That's okay by me. 14 new chicks is enough for now.

I don't have a Brinsea, though I have drooled over the minis! I did have 3 100% small hatches in a row though... Two in my homemade incubator 6/6 Ancona ducks, 8/8 mixed Maran chicks and 7/7 Serama chicks under my broody ( can't really take credit for that one). All that success has me hooked.

Of course my very first hatch was 0% of 4 Anconas, so I think the Universe is making up for it! I had another 4/ 4 Serama chicks hatch in the last couple of days and am hoping for 3 more this next week : ) I have another 17 developing Serama eggs in the bator due on the 4th. They were shipped a short distance and had excellent air cells so
fl.gif
crossing fingers for those babies! I can hope for 100%
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom