Blue mille fleur D'uccle

Blue mille fleur is essentially the same as mille fleur with the addition of a single copy of blue. Easiest way to achieve the variety is to breed a blue or splash mille fleur to a regular mille fleur.

If you start with a solid blue bird, rather than a blue or splash mille, you will have to breed mottling back into the birds as it is a recessive gene, needing two copies to express.

Blue mille fleur is essentially the same as mille fleur with the addition of a single copy of blue.  Easiest way to achieve the variety is to breed a blue or splash mille fleur to a regular mille fleur.

If you start with a solid blue bird, rather than a blue or splash mille, you will have to breed mottling back into the birds as it is a recessive gene, needing two copies to express.

Thank you so much!!

it is in the blue/black/splash spectrum -just with the mille fleur pattern involved. so just follow that breeding protocol to find how to get them. the d'uccle 'splash' is what is known as a golden neck. so a golden necked crossed with a mille fleur will get you 100% blue millies.

if you look at http://www.idealpoultry.com/item.html and then click on d'uccles then on blue mille fleur it will explain it (i would give you the exact page address but it appears not to have one!) breeding blue to blue will not get you 100% blues -only 50%. the blue is only from a heterozygous combination.

it is in the blue/black/splash spectrum -just with the mille fleur pattern involved. so just follow that breeding protocol to find how to get them. the d'uccle 'splash' is what is known as a golden neck. so a golden necked crossed with a mille fleur will get you 100% blue millies.

if you look at http://www.idealpoultry.com/item.html and then click on d'uccles then on blue mille fleur it will explain it (i would give you the exact page address but it appears not to have one!) breeding blue to blue will not get you 100% blues -only 50%. the blue is only from a heterozygous combination.

Oh ok thank you! I actually ordered 4 blue mille from them and it looks like 2 are going to be golden instead. They are 4 weeks old now.

Back
Top Bottom