August Hatch - Fun Pictures

PalmRoyal

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 28, 2013
Lima, OH
My hen finally got an egg to hatch. For a while, none of my turkeys were laying fertile eggs and now that we are coming out of breeding season, I am glad to see my most dependable broody girl was able to hatch a baby out. This was her 4th nest she sat on and she finally got one to hatch. I wonder when the baby will find out that it is adopted. It seems to be learning "turkey talk" pretty well from its mother. Baby muscovies are so adorable!

Congrats on all of your new little beautys!
yesss.gif

Are they Royal Palms?

I hope you enjoy them as much as i did my chicks!
smile.png

Turkenstein25

Congrats on all of your new little beautys!
yesss.gif

Are they Royal Palms?

I hope you enjoy them as much as i did my chicks!
smile.png

Turkenstein25
Yep! All of these babies are Royal Palms. Hoping to get one really good tom out of all of the babies with excellent lacing to replace their uncle Jeffery. I'm trying to get better coloration on my Palms. Started with junk quality birds and, hopefully this year, I hatched a nicer poult to improve the variety. Our last group of babies we enjoyed so much! We let this nest be hatched naturally (I am trying to only use natural incubation) and I am curious if the babies will be more well behaved (turkey wise) but more skittish, or still just as friendly as the hand reared babies (who were VERY skittish at first and would yell bloody murder when people were around and giving them attention but will fly up and land on my shoulders now).

Back
Top Bottom