Homer the One Eyed Chick (with an adorable picture!)

Flutterbee

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 11, 2014
Virginia
So my hen had five chicks hatch: Winifred, Gus, Eunice, Gladys, and Homer. Homer is a very special little chick. I think he hatched early because when I first saw him, he was bleeding really bad and still had his egg sac attached to him. I was going to put him out of his misery when he looked up at me with his one eye (yes, he only has one eye) and peeped. I couldn't do it. Thinking he didn't have long, I stuck him back under his mother and waited. That was yesterday. Today little Homer is running around with the other chicks, absolutely fine, and seems to be in great shape (with the exception that he only has one eye).

Last edited:
I have a white West of England pigeon that only has one eye that works. I bought her that way, but the former owner said he thought she must have bumped it on something....
hu.gif

I have a white West of England pigeon that only has one eye that works. I bought her that way, but the former owner said he thought she must have bumped it on something....
hu.gif
I had a rooster named Georg (pronounced Gay-Or-gah) and he was completely blind. I'm not sure if we got him that way or if he got into a fight with one of our other roosters. xD

He's so cute! I wouldn't have been able to do it either.
Thank you so much ^_^ I am so glad that I didn't! He's doing terrifically today! But yesterday, he was in such bad shape. I'm not sure what happened to him development wise, but I love him so much nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom