2014 OHIO NATIONAL UPDATE

OHIO NATIONAL

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 25, 2012
The catalog for the show will be in the mail and online the first week of September. Look in you mailbox or at http://www.ohionational.org/

l a few rooms left at
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...cp-fairfield-inn-and-suites-columbus-polaris/
which is the third hotel that is offering special rates to OHIO NATIONAL attendees. Be sure to mention this affiliation when you call for reservations to get the special show rate.

The Fairfield is conveniently located on the East side of I 71 just across from the first two hotels that have been booked full by people affiliated with the show. In all the history of the show never has the host hotel been booked full when the catalog went out. This year The Hilton Garden Inn was booked to capacity in June. This and the fact that the first alternate hotel next door is also filled at this time indicates a strong showing of exhibitors and other attendees at the show to be held November 7,8 & 9, 2014 in Columbus, Ohio

Last edited by a moderator:
My dear friend and Campine partner from the Dallas, TX area is driving over on the Wednesday before the show. She will spend the night at my house and we will leave early Thursday morning headed to Columbus. I am so excited, I can't even tell you how much. I look forward to seeing Eric, Sheri, and Tim. I will also be happy to see YellowHouseFarm and hopefully meet Walt and many other BYC friends.

If you have never been to the ONs, I encourage you to attend. Even if you do not show, the experience is incredible. This year is the 100th Anniversary of the ABA and they are already on track to having record breaking participation and attendance.

I would love to see the BYCers that are planning on going listed here and maybe include the breeds you have or are showing. Maybe we can get up a BYC swap!

I'll start.....

I will be there late Thursday and will be bringing Silver Campines from the line I am working on (from Urch and Gleason lines.) I will also have some to trade with a man from Mass that will be bringing me some of his.

I would like to pick up a trio of Wheaton or Blue Wheaton Ameraucanas or even just a good cockerel. I might also consider some hatching eggs of that variety, from the right breeder. I want standard bred birds with good egg color.

Who's planning to attend? What are you bringing, or could you bring?

Last edited:
The entry deadline isn't till 10/4, which is about a month before the show. With that in mind the bulk of the entries will be mailed on the 4th and an accurate count of birds will be about 2 weeks after that.
I know that I will be sending in my entry at the last possible moment so I can try and see exactly what will be ready to show. I am looking at taking about 20 bantams

Yes, I will be sending my entries in last minute as well, as I am sure most people will. Like I said, it will not surprise me if there are 10,000 birds there this year. There were over 8,000 last year. I will only have about six and am bringing them mostly for some guidance on breeding them up. The best I can hope for in prizes is BV and that is only because there will likely be no one else bringing Silver Campines.
lau.gif

Would anyone be able to bring me some 6-24 bantam salmon faverolles eggs to the show? or a few pullets?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom