speckled sussex

jeffry

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 26, 2014
Hey everybody...Anyone know of a hatchery within 200 miles of asheville, nc that has speckled sussex chicks?

Thanks

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You might have better luck if you find a thread for NC.

Welcome to BYC. If you aren't able to find a closer hatchery that sells them, you might want to check out Meyer Hatchery in Polk, Ohio. A lot of chickens that MyPetChickens sell online as a middleman come from there. I got 5 SS from Meyer, and were all healthy. They will sell small batches of 4, but the more you order, the shipping is less. For example, you may get 25 chicks as cheaply as 5 because they don't need heat packs. They may not be available this late in the season, but they should have more in early spring.

Fair season is almost over around here, and I saw some very nice Speckled Sussex on display. I think you will enjoy them and a nice choice in birds. I bring in chicks from Crackle and have had good luck with shipping birds in general. Nice if you don't have to… but to get the birds you wish, try one of the bigger hatcheries, or even a good sized local one and select your birds of choice.

Oh, and bytheway ~
welcome-byc.gif

Best to you and your new birds,

RJ

Back
Top Bottom