Jumbo Brown Coturnix Help

kingfisherjr

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 23, 2014
Houston, Texas
I need some help finding some true Jumbo Brown Coturnix eggs to get started with. I have been raising coturnix for about a year but I am not satisfied with the size of my birds. I have 2 incubators, 2 brooders, 1 large pen (50+ Birds), and a breeder pen (12+ Birds). I usually have around 100 birds at a time. I want to get a few eggs from some true jumbo’s to start over again and lower the amount of birds I am keeping so I can concentrate on having a flock of large Jumbo Browns. Does anyone know a good place to find some true jumbo hatching eggs? I think that the birds I originally started with are not jumbos and I would really like to just start fresh. Thanks for any help.

Search for James Marie Farms or JMF on this forum or look for their website. If you get lucky you'll be able to get some eggs from them. I understand they have a long waiting list, until November last I heard. Or obtain eggs from someone local.

I just started raising quail this year and now also eliminating everything and keep just the jmf birds.

I used crusin rooster farms for my second batch. My birds are not full grown yet but I had bad luck with ebay. The eggs I received looked big. He has a Facebook page and is really easy to work with. The first hatch I ordered 25 jumbo brown eggs from ebay and ended up with 4 chicks that are small and red colored.

Jamesmariefarms.com produces the best quality quail available from a commercial breeder and some of the largest lines you can find period. Unless you know someone who has a high quality line going I would order from JMF. Plus JMF has their own custom egg shippers and they keep breakage lower than any i've seen.

Back
Top Bottom