Cameo Pied Pair

texpainthorse

Chirping
5 Years
May 20, 2014
This is my new pair about to be transported to their new large pea house.

Very pretty. Would love to see their new pen too
smile.png
Thank you!
I'll post pics of the pen before it was completely finished. It is 1" square tubing with field wire. 8' wide x 8' tall x 16' long. They aren't settled in yet and seem jumpy so no pics of them in there until they settle down.

Last edited:

This is just before finished. Was going to put bird netting on top but decided on the wire and then tin for shade. Already have another started for the black shoulder. A door on a long side and a short side. Oh, using blue 55 gallon drums as nests and need to put some limbs in there for them.

My young fake Javas love their 55 gallon drum.

Thank you.
They are pied. Pic just doesn't show the white patterns. Once they get settled I will take some better pictures. I sure like these two.
The "spaldings" I purchased as Javas knowing they wouldn't be pure. People are telling me they are 3/4 Java and people are telling me they are spaldings. That's why I refer to them as fake java. LOL

Pretty new pair, and pretty "Java-ish" pair too!
clap.gif

Just checking - do you have any predators in your neck of the woods?
When I had a temporary pen, I had some dig-right-under visitors and some squeeze-through-the-wire visitors just waltzing right in
somad.gif
, so I thought I should ask...

Pretty new pair, and pretty "Java-ish" pair too!
clap.gif

Just checking - do you have any predators in your neck of the woods?
When I had a temporary pen, I had some dig-right-under visitors and some squeeze-through-the-wire visitors just waltzing right in
somad.gif
, so I thought I should ask...
Thank you!! I love Java-ish LOL!!

Hawks, owls, coyote.
I have bird netting on the pens that need protection for the bird problem. We have large dogs (2 German Shepherds, 1 Rhodesian Ridgeback, and the biggest doberman I have ever seen LOL) on the premises that keep the coyote away and they don't dare bother the livestock. Coyote were a problem a few years ago. I got the shepherds to protect my foals. The breed of cattle we have, oh my... the cows are scarey when they have a new calf. Nothing can get to it including us.

We had a problem with a hawk getting our guinea keets. It was squeezing in between a slit in the chicken wire. We removed the keets, put bird netting over the coop, replaced the keets and have seen the hawk but he can't get in. HA!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom