I jut got a Tangerine Pearl ringneck dove!

Chickincredible

Chirping
5 Years
May 19, 2014
It tends to change...

This is Puff, and I'm so excited to have her! I know the dove basics but since I'm pretty new at all of this I'd love to know some of the old tricks in the book. Thanks!

This is Puff, and I'm so excited to have her! I know the dove basics but since I'm pretty new at all of this I'd love to know some of the old tricks in the book. Thanks!
They love small bits of plain peanuts as treats... they will get very tame and fly to you to eat them out of your hand..... but don't give them too many or they will get very fat!!!

Let them bath often... their feathers will look good and feel soft.. and also they won't make so much feather dust. Let the bath in a shallow pan of water.. or give them a light shower... they like to have their cage put out in a light shower of rain.. and they will stretch their wings out an lay on their side to take a shower.

They also like to sunbath....and that is good for them to get vitamin D. Make sure they have shade also if they get too hot.

Your dove looks lovely. I used to keep many of them... but I moved house and could not take them.

Thank you guys! I know it has been a month... Ugh! I'm always so busy! Haha. Well, my little girlie is doing great and is currently sitting next to me. She has a strange attraction for flying into fans (we turn them off when the birds are out. Don't worry) and so I have to get a ladder and go get just for her to fly back up. Then we have the good times when she jut wants some cuddles and will sit on my leg to watch a movie. Love her to death!

Back
Top Bottom