Do you have a cat?

Amykins

Crowing
10 Years
May 11, 2013
I've been lurking in the dog thread for a while now, but since I don't have a dog I didn't wanna post. However I DO have two kitties! Their names are Mochi and Stupicabra. I wanna know if you guys have any kitties, and how they get along with your ducks!

This is Stu. Note his lazy eye, gigantic muzzle-puff and a general look of total cluelessness on his face. That's Stu. And I adore him. <3

Here's Mochi at his cutest:

And here he is now (I guess some things never change):

Cats for the most don't chase or bother ducks( every so often though they will stare at ducks and lick there lips. Its the ducks however that chase the cats.

We have two cats, but only one is interested in the poultry. He is a 17-pound overgrown teenage boy, who is all black. Thus, we play Nat-Geo Wild when he is out 'stalking' the chickens and ducks: (in a stage whisper and with a British accent) "The black panther stalks his prey. He slithers behind the maple tree using a freeze-frame motion to sneak up on the unsuspecting fowl. The oblivious birds continue to swim in the plastic blue pool, paying little heed to the sleek feline's keen interest in their antics."

He did catch a baby chick once, but was stupid enough to bring it inside to show us! (his favorite hobby: bring mom live prey, she seems to like to run around and catch it in the living room too!) For the most part, the roosters, momma hens and drakes keep Mr. Kitty in line, so he doesn't really bother with them. His real name off screen? = Bad Boy.

We are a multiple indoor/outdoor cat household and our cats never bothered the ducks we had. If anything, the ducks were more of a threat to the cats than the cats to the ducks, lol, my Clyde duck did NOT mess around with anything getting close to him or the other two.

I have a cat in addition to our ducks and dogs. He is kinda a pain right now but I don't blame him. My old son will be 4 this year and is now finally petting him and my soon to be 2 year ok still hits and tries to make him run. He tends to bite kids if they try to let him but is learning. He doesn't bite me or my husband and was super sweet when we first adopted him.

I have 2 cats: 10 year old Modem and 5 month old Tukachinchilla. Modem couldn't care less about the ducklings as far as I can tell, and although Tuka is interested in them and wants to be near them, she has not tried to hurt any of them (although we don't let her around the babies when she is in a playful mood). Once the babies are bigger, it won't be an issue anyway because they will be able to hold their own--and they will get bigger much faster than she will LOL.

We have two cats, but only one is interested in the poultry. He is a 17-pound overgrown teenage boy, who is all black. Thus, we play Nat-Geo Wild when he is out 'stalking' the chickens and ducks: (in a stage whisper and with a British accent) "The black panther stalks his prey. He slithers behind the maple tree using a freeze-frame motion to sneak up on the unsuspecting fowl. The oblivious birds continue to swim in the plastic blue pool, paying little heed to the sleek feline's keen interest in their antics."

LOL! I do that same thing with Mochi every time he chases the infamous red dot. XD I hope that shick was okay, though...

My 8 cats stay well away from the ducks. My 30 pound tabby pauses once and awhile to consider wether or not there edible but moves on after some thought. " I'm pretty fat already and duck is so greasy... Maybe after I lose a few pounds"
Think a few chicken attacks have prevented my cats from thinking ducks are fair game... Poor cats, when did birds get so big?

I have 4, 3 are indoor ragdolls and they are sooooo bored with baby ducks and chickens in this house they literately don't even bat an eye when their in here anymore. My barn cat is awesome, he is a wonderful hunter but never touches the babies here nor bothers the birds in general.. as a matter of fact my half dozen Pekin insist on following him around lol

Cats do however kill and injure birds so will be a wet blanket and say be careful!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom