Day 19 :)

Kathryn79

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 31, 2014
Australia
It's getting so close and my eggs have been moving around since day 17, now nearly all of my 17 eggs are moving on day 19, I could watch the incubator all day lol. Hoping to see some pipping soon. I'm a bit worried though, we had some rain last night and it must have got into the circuit breaker in the house, the power was going in and off sporadically and the temperature in my incubator went down to about 35 degrees at one point. Hope everything remains ok :)

Thanks. I don't have anything to measure the humidity either so the more research I do
The more anxious I'm getting. I had only been filling up one reservoir with water until day 18, and yesterday started filling up both reservoirs and half closed the ventilation hole so I'm basically winging it and just going by the bators specification. Fingers crossed :)

Thanks. I don't have anything to measure the humidity either so the more research I do
The more anxious I'm getting. I had only been filling up one reservoir with water until day 18, and yesterday started filling up both reservoirs and half closed the ventilation hole so I'm basically winging it and just going by the bators specification. Fingers crossed
smile.png

Personally, I would keep those vents wide open...Those chicks need the oxygen...Frankly, I never have put mine in, they are in a drawer...somewhere around here
wink.png

I've just heard the first cheeping coming from the eggs.. It's all too much for me hahaha. Now I have to go to work and I just don't wanna
1f61d.png

I've just heard the first cheeping coming from the eggs.. It's all too much for me hahaha. Now I have to go to work and I just don't wanna
1f61d.png
That is wonderful... the cheeping part... not the working part. Although, it is good to have something to keep you busy while they are doing their thing, because their thing takes hours and hours! I like that hatching can progress in 12 hour increments... internal pip...12 hours... external pip...12 hours... zip and hatch. Okay, not always, but sometimes I can almost schedule them ; ) I feel like I can go to bed for the night or go out for a day and the eggs are good!

Well got home from work and not much action, watched a bit of tele, went and had another look and one has an external pip.. Excitement is an understatement :)

Back
Top Bottom