White Trash TV

rufus

Crowing
12 Years
May 17, 2007
Being old, retired and not in good health, I spend a lot of time watching television. I am appalled at the fare offered now days. It seems as if whoever writes these programs has a terrible problem with White people. It seems as if they seek to portray White America in the worst possible way.

The absolute nadir are the naked programs. They have people alone, naked and afraid, people selling real estate in the buff and people dating strangers sans clothing. I cannot wait until they have the "Welding Naked" program, sparks a flying.

Worse, southerners seem to be singled out as ignorant, toothless louts. The actors affect false southern accents and parade around shirtless in bib overalls. In some cases, they are even barefoot. In all cases, they are festooned with horrible tatoos. Have they no sense of decency?

The language is disgusting. They love the F word. I mean the four letter one that isn't fork, fish or Ford. I even heard it used in commercial for a hotel booking company. It used to be that profanity was forbidden on television. At the worst, it would merit a beep.

That hotel booking company will never get my business.

Then there are the commercials that always portray men as stupid and women as the wise one. The Toyota commercials are extremely irritating. I will never buy a Toyota. I will not do business with or buy a product from a company that demeans men.

Black folks are about twelve per cent of the population in this country, but they seem to be about half the people in television commercials. What about Latinos and Asians? Don't they buy products also?

Now, watch the reruns of Rockford Files, Mayberry RFD, Cannon, Hawaii Five O. See the difference, people are civilized, dressed decently and not talking nasty. Thank God for reruns.

Being old, retired and not in good health, I spend a lot of time watching television. I am appalled at the fare offered now days. It seems as if whoever writes these programs has a terrible problem with White people. It seems as if they seek to portray White America in the worst possible way.

The absolute nadir are the naked programs. They have people alone, naked and afraid, people selling real estate in the buff and people dating strangers sans clothing. I cannot wait until they have the "Welding Naked" program, sparks a flying.

Worse, southerners seem to be singled out as ignorant, toothless louts. The actors affect false southern accents and parade around shirtless in bib overalls. In some cases, they are even barefoot. In all cases, they are festooned with horrible tatoos. Have they no sense of decency?

The language is disgusting. They love the F word. I mean the four letter one that isn't fork, fish or Ford. I even heard it used in commercial for a hotel booking company. It used to be that profanity was forbidden on television. At the worst, it would merit a beep.

Then there are the commercials that always portray men as stupid and women as the wise one. The Toyota commercials are extremely irritating. I will never buy a Toyota. I will not do business with or buy a product from a company that demeans men.

Black folks are about twelve per cent of the population in this country, but they seem to be about half the people in television commercials. What about Latinos and Asians? Don't they buy products also?

Now, watch the reruns of Rockford Files, Mayberry RFD, Cannon, Hawaii Five O. See the difference, people are civilized, dressed decently and not talking nasty. Thank God for reruns.

Television has been going downhill for some time. I watch less and less of it. I read and do needlework. Also have netflix. There are a few programs I do watch. I watch The Hunt with John Walsh, Dr. Pol, Nowhere to Hide, Dr. G, Untold Stories of the ER, and I confess I enjoy Airplane Repo. That's about it.

I read and do needlework. Also have netflix.
X2 on reading and netflix. We did away with regular TV programming years ago. We have netflix and can watch what we want to watch on it without any commercials. I also read a lot. I almost always have a book or two checked out from the library. And then of course, there are our chickens. We love to watch them. They are better than watching TV.

About a year ago, my wife was complaining that there was nothing worth watching, and yet the cable bill went up. I told her to go to the cable company and to get rid of the home shopping channels and the Holy Rollers. We don't want to pay for them. Well, I don't know how or what she told them, but now we have even more of them.

I can't believe we are paying for this stuff. Worse, about three quarters of the programming is commercials. I mute them.

I miss the old days when we had three channels of free TV, aerials and quality programming.

I remember when TV came to town. There was one channel with three hours of service at night. A school teacher in the neighborhood had one installed. Back then, the service man had to put them in and install the antenna.

Some people in the neighborhood didn't want it around. They thought it was somehow related to the atom bomb.

But eventually curiosity got the best of them. People would just happen to drop by at TV time. Pretty soon, just about everyone was there to watch the thing. The poor guy that owned it got tired of all the people.

So he pushed it up to the window and everyone sat on his screen porch and watched the darn thing. He went back to grading papers.

I have Netflix also and there is usually enough on there to keep me occupied. You can't beat $8 a month for that! They have older shows and some good newer ones. When I finish one show I find something new to watch.

I hate reality TV and the commercials drive me up a wall. My previous room mates were paying over $100 for TV so when they moved, I got rid of it. Being a vet student, I don't have much time for TV anyway, but if I do watch it, I don't want to watch 15 million commercials.

Dont even have an antenna attached to the TV. I have Netflix, Hulu an youtube. I have cable internet an refused TV programming... I think TV is on the way out an things like youtube an twitch is replacing it. TV is fighting to survive... The fact that google bought both makes me think I am not the only one.

That is why we ditched cable/satellite tv and went to Netflix. The filth and lack of any morality drove us to disconnect, and I've never regretted it. We do have Netflix, and we carefully choose shows to watch there. On vacation recently, I made the mistake of watching a popular sitcom on tv. Oh my, I think I am still traumatized. The quality of tv is seriously in the toilet.

I have given up on television; hence, my post count.
hide.gif
Seriously, for me it is either BYC or a good book.
old.gif

Ditto. Well said!

Back
Top Bottom