HELP! My girls are fighting

alicad

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 24, 2014
Unfortunately I lost one of my two girls to a predator eight days ago. I waited to get my remaining girl a new roommate and just did today. I have never had an issue between my girls and I've only ever had two at one time. I was completely taken back when I put them together today and they just went at it. They even drew blood. I separated them for the night but just wanted to know if they will ever get over it? I don't want them to get seriously injured. HELP

Plan to take a lot more time! Have the birds next to each other but unable to peck; after a few days or longer, they will be used to seeing each other. Then have them free range with separate feeders and waterers, and each bird back separate at night. When they start sharing, and calmly visiting each other's space, things should work out fine. USUALLY. If you have a very aggressive bird, and a very submissive quiet bird, it may be a lot tougher. Mary

because you already had your birds they had a peacking order but when you add a new one you have tacken the peacking order apart you justy need to leave them together and soon the new one will have her place and there will be no more fighting

I think that's the case. The girl I've had has always been the less dominant one and this new one seems very aggressive:( Thank you for your reply

tonight or tomorow night you should put the new hen on one of the roosts aparently when they wake up they dont fight as much but you will just need to let it play its course she seems to want to be leader.

but if after a month they are still fighting you may need to get ride of her

good luck keep in touch about how it goes

Back
Top Bottom