Beautiful Goose in CO - Rescued Embden X White Chinese Gander

TracyLovesDucks

Songster
5 Years
Mar 25, 2014
Northern Colorado
Hello everyone, I'm in the Fort Collins, CO area! I just recently rescued a beautiful white chinese X embden gander from a local lake. Sadly, someone abandoned this goose and his buddy there. His friend had already died by the time I found him, so I needed to get him out of there, and I did. He's been staying right next to my 8 little runner ducks for the past three days. If you want to see the whole story, here is the original thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/920862/is-this-a-dumped-domestic-goose

I am unable to take on an extra mouth to feed right now, so I'm looking for someone who can give this guy a good life. Please let me know if you would like to adopt him... I will give him to you for free (I also have a bag of Nutrena All Flock to go with him). He has been a very sweet gander so far, and I'm sure he'll stay that way with the proper care and a knowledgable owner.

With the help of the goose folks here on BYC, we've been able to take good guesses at his gender, breed, age, and health status:

-Breed: White Chinese, Embden Cross
-Health Status: Good, he has not shown any signs of illness or injury
-Temperament: This goose has been very sweet to me, and not aggressive

I ask that you are experienced in keeping waterfowl (ideally geese) so that you know how to give him a good life. Please contact me. PM is fine or a response to this thread or the original thread.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom