Weird posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunflour

Flock Master
8 Years
Jan 10, 2013
Macon,GA
I have been a member of BYC for about 1.5 years. Joined 'cause I would never would have gotten my coop built without the info everyone so freely shares. Mostly used the site for information, and only recently realized how much fun it is to more active. And I'm probably spending too much time on the site? BYC is a wonderfully diverse group with common interest. But, Is it just me, or are there a lot of weird posts, especially from relatively new members? I mean posts that ask for help or advice in what seems to me to be fictitious situations.

Hmmm, I haven't really found that to be the case. Certainly, there do seem to be some people with slightly stranger chicken problems, but with so many people keeping birds, a few odd situations are sure to crop up. I've heard about things I've never seen or heard of before and heard things that may or may not be true/actually exist. Some things I can barely imagine and hope never happen to me or my chickens.

I'm not one to judge certain ideas/things, and I use all the knowledge I gain on this site to help more people, no matter how unusual some of it may seem. It's a place for people to share their different experiences, ideas, and problems.

Last edited:
hello sunflour, i used to live in macon quite a few yrs. ago. my daughter was born there. there are a lot of people on here that come to talk on things other then chicken, but being a chicken lover is what drew us together in the first place. I am not sure what posts you speak of but there are many different levels of education all over the world, it wont stop here. thats part of the fun, you learn and teach. if you are talking about liers , well, there all over the place too.

The ones that have me shaking my head are the ones that pop up on the New Member section that have no words on them, or else one or two words that make no sense. They don't particularly bother me, they are just strange. I usually just go ahead and reply with some kind of generic welcome. The posts I hate the most are those on the What Breed or Gender is This? section where someone throws up a whole row of pictures (often poor ones) of young chicks on a single post and wants the gender and breed of every one of them identified.

Thanks for your thoughtful comments and advice. This is the first "open forum" I have ever participated in and everyday is a learning experience.

Oh, and likely someone probably thinks some of my posts are quite weird too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom