Bath chickens

I've raised lots of chicks over the years, and I've never given the cute little fuzzies a bath. You don't want to chill them, because they could get ill. If you just keep their brooder clean and dry, they shouldn't need a bath. Did you have a special reason for bathing them?

I've raised lots of chicks over the years, and I've never given the cute little fuzzies a bath. You don't want to chill them, because they could get ill. If you just keep their brooder clean and dry, they shouldn't need a bath. Did you have a special reason for bathing them?

I Agree. I been raising chickens for near 60 years----only bath mine have ever had is if they stand in the rain or fall in the water bucket! LOL. Seriously, the Only Time I have ever given a chick a bath was if it hatched and had shell/membrane stuck to it.

Last edited:
Chickens won't bathe in water, but they love to "bathe" in the dirt. Dirt, sand, loose horse poop, wood ashes, things like that are great for them to flop around. They'll look like they're having a seizure or something
lol.png
. But, the dirt is how they keep themselves clean and parasite-free.

Back
Top Bottom