Is this egg ok for 36 hours in?

chicken hawk3

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 22, 2014
Hi, I'm incubating my first set of eggs and all are brown except one, which is fine. One is a tan color. It is the only one I've noticed a change in appearance on. I don't know how to add a picture, but it has spots all over it (looks like it is spotted internally).
I put them in the incubator Sunday afternoon. thank you!!!!!

At 36 hours your really not going to see very much at all. I don't candle till day 7 I feel the first week of incubation is very important for the embryo to get a good start to incubations. Your egg you have described as spotted sounds like it's very porous meaning not a very strong shell that can sometimes mean your egg will lose too much moisture during incubation. I've had mixed results with porous eggs I leave them to give them a chance but they don't always make it some others do.
To add a pic there is a thread on it if you type into the search how to upload a picture. Sorry I can't add the link my iPad is playing up and won't let me.
Wishing you the very best of luck with your eggs :frow

thank you so much! We just lost our rooster yesterday and the egg in question is one btwn him and his "queen bee" girlfriend, so I'm hoping and praying I can get one of their eggs to hatch! :(
I've got the temp at around 100 and humidity at 50%. That's what I've read, is that what you've used in the past?

I have a forced air fan incubator so I incubate at 37.5 Celsius.
In farenheight that would be 99-99.5 for fan. And for still air 101-102.
I have humidity at 45% for day 1-18 and then 65% at lockdown.
Sorry to hear you lost your roo :hugs

thanks, us too. He was such a good one. We don't know what happened really. He was fine at night when we put everyone to bed, then the next day he was drooling, heavy breathing, lethargic, etc. So, we decided to put him out of his misery, thought maybe he was bitten by something? He looked terrible. We've had a hard time with illness lately. Our girls have had some sneezing, some have pale combs and are lethargic. Ugh, problem is that we can't pinpoint what's wrong. We've done the antibiotic route, but it didn't do any good. We've DE'd and Poultry Protected them, got rid of the mites. **sigh**
I'm just scared we're going to lose the entire flock at this rate. :( :(

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom