My Pet Chicken Assortments?

tiffrosef

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 17, 2014
Has anyone here ever gotten an assortment package from mypetchicken.com? If so which assortment, how many did you get and what was your experience? Did you get a good variety? Any disappointment?

I am thinking of doing it next spring, I like the idea of a mystery batch but I want a variety.

Has anyone here ever gotten an assortment package from mypetchicken.com? If so which assortment, how many did you get and what was your experience? Did you get a good variety? Any disappointment?

I am thinking of doing it next spring, I like the idea of a mystery batch but I want a variety.

If you are up to it (numbers wise - typically the MPC shoppers are attracted by the smaller minimum orders, so not sure your situation) - an even better "variety" package is the "hatchery surprise" from Cackle hatchery http://www.cacklehatchery.com/page10.html#hatcherysurprise -- here's a thread where you can see just what a variety and number of birds folks have gotten in their box https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/139517/cackle-hatcherys-hatchery-surprise-anybody-got-this-before

Last edited:
Unfortunately I am unable to take on that many birds. Next year we are thinking of taking on 10 at the very max.

I looked through that thread, and some of the people who ordered the Cackle Surprise box turned around and sold off whichever ones they didn't want. Sounds like a great way for the chicks to pay for themselves. Not to say you don't have a valid point, but...it's an idea?
idunno.gif

I was planning on purchasing the marans assortment. I really want a few marans running around.

I ordered some Marans from Meyer Hatchery. Black Copper and Blue Splash. All healthy and now 11 weeks old. My Pet Chicken gets their chicks from Meyer. You will be getting the same chicks either way.

I didn't buy a mystery assortment, but I have bought specific breeds from MPC. I had a great experience with them. My chicks came *super* fast, and were all very healthy. Sorry not more helpful!

That's okay, it's really good to hear they get really good reviews. I have sort of become obsessed with Marans, and I can't seem to find them anywhere in the state I live!

Back
Top Bottom