Chicken Permit Trouble.

Maxamus

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 16, 2014
Hello, my name is Max and I'm very new to BYC as I've only had them for 1 week.So far things are going great but I forgot about the permit! The chickens are in the coop and I'm very scared as in what to do. I think they send someone to your house and I don't want to be in trouble for having them.I also don't want my girls taken away from me.I just love them too much. If you could give me some advice on what to do, I would be very great full.I live in Hobart WI btw.

What area do you live in, like do you live in a city? I've had my chickens for a few months without a permit and no person of authority has come to my house.

Where I live (I live in a small town in a big city. It's by the beach, I guess it's suburban but it's more spread out if that makes sense), you can have chickens (they even have them at the local animal shelter), but they have to be at least 20 or so feet from your house, and at least 30 from a neighbors house. Roosters have to be 100 feet from your house and 200 from neighbors. You can have them as long as you don't think any of your neighbors would complain about the noise or smell or something.

Go online and look for your cities animal shelter website, and they usually have a list of animals that you can have with permits and without permits.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom