New to site and chicken farming

Sisters Farms

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 18, 2014
Cordova, alabama
Hello everyone. I am Kellie and my sister is Tracie and we are Sister's Farms. We finally have our coop ready and want to buy some young hens. We are in the market for Buff Orpingtons, Black Australorp and/or Rhode Island Reds. We are in walker county Alabama

Welcome to BYC, Kellie and Tracie. Glad you decided to join our flock. I've had all three of those breeds and they are all good, hardy, dependable, good laying breeds. Buff Orpingtons and Black Australorps are very friendly, calm, and gentle birds. My children, and now my granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) made lap pets of ours. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed; extremely hardy and the best layers of the standard, brown egg laying breeds. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your flock.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

You may want to check out your state thread, to see if anybody nearby has birds for sale: ALABAMA!!

When you get 20 posts, you can also post in the Buy-Sell-Trade section, and post that you want to buy some Orpingtons, Australorps, and Rhode Island Reds: Buy ~ Sell ~ Trade

Good luck in finding some birds!

Last edited:
Welcome to the flock. If you go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum you can locate and post on your state thread. You may find people locally with the breeds you want and be able to forgo shipping.

welcome-byc.gif
Black Australorps are a great breed. I have some of them along with Barred Rocks, Black Sexlinks, and some mixed breeds. I can't wait to get some Buff Orps and Light Brahmas next spring. I don't think I'll be satisfied until I am overrun with chickens! They're addictive you know.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom