ee colors?

albird101

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 2, 2013
Dose anyone know what color my easter eggers will grow up to be?

Pretty much the common / normal varied duckwing and partidge-esque type colors you see in other people's EE's. They're too young to say beyond that. Expect them to be mostly brown and black or brown and blue. Once they get older it will be much easier to pin a more specific color and even sex them based on color.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Illia has pretty accurately described what your Easter Eggers will look like when they mature. There can be a considerable variation in their color patterns as Easter Egger as hybrids, produced by crossing a blue egg laying breed (usually Ameraucanas) with other breeds to produce offspring that lay eggs in colors other than just blue (olive, green, beige, and occasionally even pale pink or gold). Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite chickens. She loves the different colored eggs that they lay. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your EEs.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

Nope, I can't tell the colors exactly! Post more photos when they are completely feathered in, and we may be able to name them a more specific color variety.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom